Rab Pine Kinder Down Smock
First manufactured over 30 years ago, the Kinder Smock quickly became a favourite on the Sheffield climbing scene. Easily picked out against the dark gritstone, it's iconic shape meant it could be worn without interfering with a harness or belay device.
An unbroken link from past to present, the Kinder is as rugged and hard-wearing as before, still made from the classic Pertex fabric. Not ashamed to be neither fast nor light, there is nothing like the warm, reassuring feeling of throwing on your Kinder at a cold belay. Sometimes the old way is the best way.
- 650FP R.D.S Certified European Duck Down (270g/9.5oz in size L)
- Pertex Quantum lining
- Pertex Quantum outer fabric
- Rab Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Stitch-through construction
- Down filled high collar
- YKK VISLON front zip with insulated zip baffle and chin guard
- Insulated front placket with metal logo snaps
- YKK VISLON side zip opening with insulated zip baffle
- Large kangaroo patch pocket with tricot lining
- YKK zipped security pocket inside
- Part-elasticated cuffs with anti-snag hook and loop adjustment
- 1 sided hem drawcord
- Fit: Regular
RAB PINE KINDER DOWN SMOCK
"WE ARE THE MOUNTAIN PEOPLE"
Rab is a United Kingdom mountaineering clothing and camping equipment manufacturer and supplier.
The company was founded in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, by mountaineer Rab Carrington. Their story began in 1981 in the attic of a small, terraced house in Sheffield where Rab Carrington made the first sleeping bag to bear his name. Hand-stitched and devised with his own ingenious eye, Rab's experience from years spent in the mountains was apparent in his designs, and soon there was popular demand from Rab's friends and the growing local climbing community.
But things didn't stop there. Word soon spread, and the Sheffield attic became a factory floor, creating sleeping bags and jackets for customers far and wide. Now, decades later, those honest, hard-wearing designs can be found all over the world; wherever adventurous individuals face up to the elements. From Himalayan peaks to cold, crisp evenings around a camp fire.