Montane Electric Blue Trailblazer 18 Backpack
The Trailblazer® 18 is designed for fast-paced day missions in the mountains, where low-weight, stability and quick access to your kit is essential. The innovative Montane® COVALENT harness delivers a customisable, body-hugging fit without restricting movement. With ample 18-litre storage capacity and a multitude of pockets, it offers easy access to hydration, food and essential kit whileon the move.
- RAPTOR Cross Lite 70 Denier fabric in the main body is tough and lightweight
- CONTACT Air Mesh Plus on the harness for added breathability and reduced weight
- Durable HALO lining
- Customisable, body-hugging Montane® COVALENT harness designed for a superior fit and extended comfort, adjusted via the duel direction under arm pull.
- Two off-centre Montane Click and Go chest harness straps for added stability on the go
- Two harness pockets with security zip for easy to reach storage
- Accessible, wrap-around wand pockets with locking security zip for extra storage options
- Low bulk webbing waist strap for added stability
- Fast access hydration bladder compatible sleeve
- Front of pack daisy chain with reflective detailing for added safety in the mountains
- Internal organisation pockets and sleeve
- Quick release pole carry system on the front of the pack
MONTANE ELECTRIC BLUE TRAILBLAZER 18 BACKPACK
Montane has become synonymous with lightweight and breathable clothing and equipment. For over 25 years Montane has worked closely with serious mountain professionals working in hostile conditions across the globe as a proving ground for garment design. From the British Antarctic Survey to British Mountain Rescue Teams. Professionals who demand the toughest credentials from their clothing and equipment choose Montane.
The first to truly push the limits of single layer mountain clothing with the Extreme Smock and then, later realising the true value of windproof clothing, creating the first super packable, windproof and breathable windshirt - the Featherlite Smock. The Featherlite Smock was probably the most functional and innovative piece of windproof garment design since Fridtjof Nansen, whilst planning the first crossing of Greenland over 100 years ago, realised that the windproof properties of a garment were the secret to moving quickly and comfortably in the mountains.
The importance of functionality in garments and packs does not stop at product design alone. Fabric technology is critical to producing the best products, Montane works with the world's leading fabric suppliers to engineer new cutting-edge materials that push the boundaries of what is possible with clothing, equipment and accessories in order to create the lightest, toughest and most functional products available on the market.
Endurance expeditions and athletes are critical in the development of our garment designs ensuring Montane clothing is fit for purpose. They are our reason to be critical within our design processes. From unsupported ventures to the North Pole, smash and grab route attempts on the North Face of the Eiger to high profile scientific work in the high Arctic. All of these athletes help Montane develop clothing that will withstand the harshest of conditions both physiologically and environmentally.
Where are the contemporary limits of endurance? They are in ultras. Imagine this: you've run 256 miles across the frozen Canadian Yukon. You've experienced consistent -30C and felt the low of -40C, you're cold and alone and you still have 174 miles to go to the finish line....stay focused. In July you've run 60 miles of toughest trails in the British Lake District, some of the cruellest terrain underfoot in Europe. You've just left the warmth of a friendly checkpoint and as you step out into the cold pouring rain, peer into the darkness and contemplate the terrain ahead, you realise you have 40 miles left until the finish line. From the Montane Yukon Arctic Ultra to the Montane Lakeland 100, this is one of the main areas where we believe endurance is being tested to the absolute limit and where Montane products thrive.