Alan Paine Ilkley Blue/Pink Country Check Shirt- Shooting Fit
A classic cotton check shirt is an absolute must for both on and off the field and we have just the shirt for you! Introducing the Ilkley men's country check shirt in traditional brown check.
A perennial favourite our Ilkley gents shirt is crafted from a soft, minimal iron pure cotton fabric. With its classic shooting silhouette this product allows you to take unhindered movement when it matters. Usefully it’s also cut to a longer length and features a handy chest pocket.
- Soft Minimal Iron Cotton Fabric
- 4 Piece Back Yoke With Centre Back Pleat For Added Comfort
- Classic Collar With Built In Stiffeners
- Soft Fused Collar To Create A Superior Supple Shape
- Generous Cut Ensuring Ease Of Movement
- Cut To A Longer Length For Comfort
- Left Hand Chest Pocket With Alan Paine Crest Embroidery
- Single Cuff With Additional Button Hole To Allow Cuff Links When Required
- Shooting Fit
- 100% Cotton
ALAN PAINE ILKLEY BLUE/PINK COUNTRY CHECK SHIRT- SHOOTING FIT
ABOUT ALAN PAINE
In 1907 William Paine founded this famous knitwear brand in Godalming, Surrey, and named it Paines of Godalming. He taught himself to knit as a hobby, but soon this grew into a thriving knitwear business. He developed some of the very first cable-knit sweaters ever produced, selling these to local cricket clubs. By the outbreak of the Second World War, Paines had gained such an unrivalled reputation for the quality of its workmanship that the company was commissioned to make woollen sweaters for Britain's armed forces, particularly the Navy. By 1942, the Alan Paine workforce had grown to 400 staff members in Godalming and 200 in Wales.
In 1999 an American team found on Mount Everest the body of an Englishman, George Mallory, who in 1924 made an attempt to reach the summit. Some of his clothing bore the label: W F Paine, 72 High Street, Godalming.
In 2009, Alan Paine launches its fine country wear collection.